Thursday, December 01, 2005

Perfect Project Found!

Didn't get much accomplished on the flower quilt blocks last night because The Boy (our son) stayed up late to watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I got a few inches of a leaf appliquéd but nothing more.

However we made a trip to the library and after paying our usual fines (why can’t we get books back on time?!) The Husband watched The Kids in the children’s area while I went to the periodicals room. I came across a quilting magazine that had a pattern that will be PERFECT for my next project. I am so incredibly excited.

Of course I can’t tell you what the name of the magazine was. Quilter’s Monthly, maybe. I can’t even tell you the name of the quilt. It is square and has a large center square with a pieced snowflake, and smaller surrounding squares with a star in each of them. The whole thing is done in two colors, with a binding of a third color. It is gorgeous, and I can’t wait to get into working on it. I think I may try my hand at hand-piecing for the first time on this one. This will be the first project that I am making solely for my own pleasure. I can’t wait to get started.

But first thing’s first. I must finish the flower quilt blocks, sew the top & quilt it. Maybe I could get some shopping in for the snowflake quilt on the side…

No comments:

Post a Comment