Thursday, December 08, 2005

Survivor Day!!!!

It's Survivor day and of course I am jazzed. I can't wait to watch it. Hopefully The Kids go to bed with only small amounts of resistance. The Girl actually goes to bed very well. The Boy is a master at drawing it out, however. I hope he is sleepy tonight!

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to plug my support for DANNI and/or RAFE who are both worthy of the final million. Don't get me wrong. Normally someone like Danni would not appeal to my sensibilities. She has made her life's work from something I don't much care for (sports) and she quite honestly seems to have bones sticking out of her that starving Ethiopians don't even know they have. However, she has managed to persevere when the cards are stacked against her, and she's done it without too much underhandedness. She's smart and playing the game well. So to her I say, Bravo!

Of course Rafe would not normally appeal to me, either. He seems a bit indoorsy for someone with such an outdoorsy occupation. (Maybe his hidden talent is acting. If so, he deserves a big fat Oscar award.) Mainly what I object to is...well, I'm not sure if he actually is gay, but he really seems to be playing into the stereotypical gay guy role. I'm not too keen on that. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gay people. If you swing that way, so be it. It's just that I hate to see that stereotype become the norm for gayness on TV. That aside, he is also playing very smartly and stepping up for the challenges when necessary.

In other news, I just drank a mug of peppermint tea. I would just like to say: I don't like peppermint tea, and won't be drinking it again. At least until I forget that I don't like it.

Oh, right. The quilts. Why I'm here. I have three triangles appliquéd, and am 3/4 of the way through the fourth one. I probably won't finish it tonight though because I'm working on assembling the gingerbread house as well as watching Survivor.

And at 9 I turn into an old lady and go get ready for bed.

The gingerbread house is turning out good so far. I hope the pieces all come together. I'm not sure what I'll do if they don't fit.

Have a great Survivor day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment