Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Oink oink oink

Yes, that's right. I'm a pig. But so is everyone else that I work with. It's our annual Christmas Goodie Day. Everyone brings in treats and we literally spend hours grazing through it while crumbs fall in our keyboards and sugar levels skyrocket.

Usually I plan pretty far ahead what I am going to bring. Last night I was scrambling. At the last minute I found an easy truffle recipe and figured I'd go with that.

Ater dinner, I got my concoction all melted down and mixed up. I put it in my Bea-u-tiful Kitchen Aid stand mixer and let it go crazy to thicken it up before chilling.

And then The Husband came along.

I gave him a spoonful and of course he loved it and wanted more. So he stuck the same spoon back in there. To give him credit he did pause for a minute and say he should get another spoon. At that point though I was tired and indifferent and figured I'd tell the people I like not to eat it. Oh well. And I shrugged. So in goes the double-dip spoon. In seconds flat the water in his spit changed my velvety smooth yum-yum treat into chocolate-colored vomit.

I had to throw it all out. The Husband was very apologetic and wanted to make it up to me, but I didn't want to go to any more trouble for it. He may have saved me, who knows. If the mixture didn't set up right or turned out to be a pain to form into balls I would have been upset, too. So I'll just assume it all turned out for the best and leave it at that.

And since we watched the taped Survivor Reunion I didn't get to work on the quilt. Tonight I'll be cleaning up the house for guests tomorrow, so I am imagining another two nights of non-progress. The month is rapidly coming to a halfway point and I still haven't finished the applique. I'm beginning to worry about my deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment