Sunday, December 18, 2005

When will it be done?

I am still working on the last applique block. I re-sewed the first leaf for the third time and it still isn't right. But I give up. This leaf is just going to look more randomly placed than the others. I can't face ripping it off ever so carefully and sewing it back on again. And the shape of it isn't bad, it's just a little cock-eyed placement-wise.

Though I think I figured out why I had such a tough time with it. The freezer paper didn't fall off of this one. Fancy that. The paper did what I wanted but the fabric wouldn't. Let this be a lesson to me. The cooperation of the fabric is much more important than the paper.

We went to a Christmas party last night where I tasted the most awesome truffles ever. I was gushing over them when the maker (who happens to be a fireman) came into the room and claimed them as his own. And, La! He surrendered the recipe. I couldn't believe how simple they were. So get out your pencils, boys and girls. I am about to tell you the recipe for a treat guaranteed to impress and with only three (count 'em, 1, 2, 3) ingredients:

Fireman Oreo (tm) Truffles
  • 1 box of regular Oreos
  • 1 bar of cream cheese
  • 1 lb of chocolate

Crush the Oreos. I mean, really pulverize them. Mix in the cream cheese until a dough-like consistency. Form into balls. Melt chocolate & dip balls in chocolate. Ta-da! You're done.

Happy non-baking on that one. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment