Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Quiltin' Tuesday. Oh wait.


Well, it isn't Quilting Tuesday for me. I couldn't get myself together fast enough for that to come to be. But I did finish the purse. I wouldn't really call it a purse. It's more of an old lady satchel. I am really disappointed with it's dimensions. I guess I knew it was going to be pretty big, but I figured maybe it was my imagination. And I didn't want to try and alter the pattern without seeing how the original pattern worked. It is missing a button and that is what the loop is for. It turned out cute but not adorable cute. Hey, that only took me ten days and twenty bucks. We'll see if I ever get around to getting it a button. And to the side there you get a glimpse of the kitchen brown. I didn't include a picture of the kitchen since there are dirty dishes all over the place.

In other news The Boy is sick today. I really hope the end of January signals the end of most of the year's illnesses. I doubt it will.

2 comments:

  1. It's a really nice old lady bag. I'm sure Sophia from Golden Girls would have carted it around if she were going somewhere fancy. If I remember my Golden Girls correctly (and I believe I do) she usually carried one of those woven purses but of a similar dimension. I'm sure it'll be a great bag to carry your knitting in. Sort of an ironic knitting joke. I like the color too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the purse came out nice. Excellent work for one of your first knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete