Friday, January 27, 2006

catch up

I wrote this on Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. Technical difficulties prevented actual posting:

Last night I started sewing the borders on the border corner blocks. I only got two of the four sides sewn on each of them. Really I only intended to press the blocks and go to bed, but the desire to progress won. I might have gone further but I needed to reload my bobbin. This time I thought I’d get ahead of the bobbin game so I went in search of the spare bobbins I bought a few months ago. I couldn’t find them. I didn’t want to spend too much time searching for them so I only looked in the closet where crafts-in-progress normally reside. I never got down to the basement to check the craft bin, which is where I hope they are. Then as I was loading the bobbin I had, I realized that I am almost at the end of my spool of thread. I guess that means it is time for a trip to the quilt store. I normally would just buy it at JoAnn’s but I’d like to ask about the quality of the thread. I’m using an all-purpose Coats & Clark brand cotton thread and it seems to be gunking up my machine with all of this fly-away fuzz. I don’t remember ever having that problem before, and I’ve always used that brand.

On second thought, I’ll just buy the thread at the quilt store and assume that since they are offering it for sale it must be quality thread. I wouldn’t want to get another snout full of snoot like I did when I was dumb enough to ask quality questions about their flannel. Besides, what they have couldn’t be any worse than what I’m already using.

Right? Yeah.

And in case you are wondering, I won’t be attending quilting Tuesday in February, either. It’s on Valentines Day and that is a day for The Husband and Me to spend together. We will probably actually celebrate on a weekend. Still, I shouldn’t be dumping The Kids on him and traipsing off on such a day. My goal is to attend for the first time in March. I’m really looking forward to it. It is the thing that will keep me going through the winter after we have taken our wonderful exciting vacation to Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment