Sunday, May 04, 2008

May goals amended

This is our eggshell garden. The kiddies and I planted watermelon, cantelope, and some type of flower that I no longer recall. I can't wait to plant them outside!

Well I didn't do a very good job on my May goals list. So I'm going to amend it. Here is the actual list for May:


  1. Quilt or sew 10 minutes a day

  2. Finish the baby quilt

  3. Sew 10 pillowcases for the guild service project

  4. Create a sewing basket and little project book for my niece who is turning seven near Memorial Day.

  5. Remove the binding from The Girl's quilt. Note the goal does not include rebinding!

Does anyone have any ideas about what is appropriate to put in a sewing basket for a 7 year old? I was thinking a measuring tape, a pin cushion, some pins, a packet of needles, maybe a thimble, some fabric glue, ??? What else? I wondered about scissors, I mean sewing scissors are so sharp...is that ok for a 7 year old?


Oh and Quilter's Buzz is doing a giveaway!!

1 comment:

  1. may want to put some thread in the sewing basket.

    ReplyDelete