Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Happy Thanksgiving to all you out in blogland. We haven't had any turkey yet today but we'll be heading over to the mil's shortly to pig out. I love food so I can't wait.
The picture above is The Girl attempting to stitch on a quilt block I made awhile back that I didn't like. (Contrast wasn't high enough.) She tried so hard, and made two stitches, about six inches apart. Please oh please let her like sewing!!


I saw on Quilt Otaku that she suggested listing things you are grateful for. Here are mine:


  1. Family - that we are all together safe and sound is the best gift ever

  2. The three basics of life for my family - food, shelter, and clothing, and of course the paycheck that makes it possible

  3. Friends, online & off

  4. Having been born and bred a citizen of the United States of America - there are so many places where things we consider basic here are unreachable dreams. Not to say there aren't other great places, but I am grateful for living in a democracy.

  5. last but not least...QUILTING!!!

Just in case you thought I was getting too emotional or something, here is a little tidbit courtesy of The Boy. The Husband asked him, how do you make a turkey? His answer:


"First you buy a wild turkey. Then you put it in the oven and it dies. It turns brown. Take it out of the oven and put a bone in it. Then eat it."


No comments:

Post a Comment