Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Progress on the Secret Quilt

I have actually made progress on the secret quilt! Can you believe it? I know, it's tough to imagine. I believe I described it before but the pattern I chose to base the quilt on was Trip Around the World. I have the center area cut out though I have to applique and I think probably embellish it still. But I have finished a nice portion of the patchwork. What is holding me up is the pictures. I have decided to include only one row of picture transfers on the quilt. I had thought I'd do four rows but I finally realized that was just too ambitious and probably was going to doom the quilt to failure. So eventually I'll get the photos done, and then major progress will move ahead.

I'm also involved in a round robin through Annie Smith's yahoo group. I think it is technically a block exchange and not a round robin but maybe I'm just being obtuse. Anyways, I got the fabric for my blocks. I've decided to use a block named "Blazing Trails" since the round robin (and also the block exchange) is a new endeavor for me. The second block that I'll make for it is called "Snail Trail". I chose that one because I'm pretty slow at moving along. Also I really like the pattern and I wanted to do one.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment