Sunday, September 17, 2006

Final Insane Quilting Update & other news

First of all...I made it. Barely. I handed in the "Blisswork" quilt with just about fifteen minutes to go. I have the comfort of knowing I was not the only one, however. I had to wait in line to turn it in and there were people behind me as well. Shwew! I cannot believe I did it. I don't think it is worthy of a prize, but I accomplished the goal. Here's me with my proud conquest:



The strip you see across the top is the rod pocket. I hope it doesn't show when it is actually hung.



And here is the cool label that The Husband graciously created for me:



There is so much more quilting news, though!

I was mentioned again on Annie Smith's podcast. Check out #64 to hear it. Once again, I heard it at work. This time I managed to suppress the urge to scream like a little girl. Maybe because it was an otherwise stressful day. If you are visiting my blog for the first time, welcome! Leave a comment if you would like to.

But wait! There's more. I got my first Keepsake Quilting catalog and I am totally geeked out. I am overwhelmed with next project possibilities. They have a lot of beautiful fabric, and I'm thinking that I might scrap The Boy's current project (I am not crazy for the colors. It looks so dull and boring now. I thought it would look classic, but the blocks I've completed just look bleah.) and go with something else instead. I got an idea from a magazine that I might try.

So. New ideas brewing, and back to work on The Girl's quilt. The Husband actually said to me today, "I think I've lost you to quilting." What was your first clue, honey?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! The quilt looks awesome. I KNEW you could do it!

    ReplyDelete