Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Memorial

Today I got an email from one of the quilt shop ladies. It seems that a fellow customer that I did not know passed away the other day. She was only 45 and died after an apparently long battle with cancer. This I guess strikes a cord for me because it would be my worst nightmare to have my children living the script of Terms of Endearment. (Please note that The Husband is NOT a deadbeat and would never ever give up custody of our children as the jerk in that movie did.) So. I have been thinking about it all morning. I did not know this woman but I am sending my heartfelt prayers to her family, who must be suffering immensely.

It has been sort of a melancholy week so far. A friend of mine also lost a close relative and I've been thinking of her often, too. Sometimes it is hard to remember the things you have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment