- Exercising no less than 3 times per week - erm, nope. When I was exercising I did stick to 3 times per week. But there were times of the year that I didn't exercise at all.
- Only visiting the snack machine 1 time per week at work (I have to give myself something, otherwise I'd go bonkers and start snarfing everything in sight.) - another no. My buddy the snack machine should be much more resistable this year though because I am on an allowance, and I really don't want to spend money on that.
- Watching my portions (which is vague, but really what I mean is being careful to eat a single serving.) - I suppose I probably did this fairly well, though not always.
- Finish binding The Girl's quilt - done!
- Baste, quilt & bind The Boy's quilt - no
- Finish at least 10 of the hand-pieced blocks for the sunburst quilt - finshed 6
So I didn't do too hot last year. I'll have to try harder this year. Though I did accomplish some things not on the list:
- A winter coat for The Girl
- A winter coat for The Boy
- A batgirl costume
- A clone trooper costume
- 20 tea wallets
- umm, that's all I can think of.
2009 goals (notice these aren't resolutions!!)
- Get into better shape. I'd like my belly and thighs to reduce in circumference and gelatinous appearance, especially.
- Round robin top with guild 1
- Crayon challenge quilt with guild 2
- 6 more sunburst blocks
- finish (urm, and start!) my own dang coat
- Sandwich, baste, and quilt The Boy's quilt
I know to prolific quilters this sounds pretty pathetic. But I take what little quilting time I can get and hope to get somewhere with it.
I also have a number of financial goals:
- Fully "fund" our emergency savings account. It is currently half of what I want it to be.
- Save for our next house - I want a full 20% down payment for that sucker.
- Save for The Husband's next car
- Make at least one extra payment on the house this year (my long term goal is to have the house-no matter if we move or not-paid in full when The Boy trips off to college in 2020. If he goes. No pressure, son.)
- Not decrease 401k contributions even though I've taken a pay cut for 2009
So, wish me a sweet ride! I hope I can do better than 2008. Happy New Year to you, and may your goals resolve themselves.