Friday, December 07, 2007

Peek-a-boo

Well hey, I guess all I had to do to get more comments was to give something away! He. If you don't know what I mean, visit the previous post and leave a comment before 12/15 for a chance at a little quilt gift. I did visit a number of new blogs and left comments, just as part of my effort to get to know the know quilt blog ring that I joined. So maybe that accounts for the increased comment traffic. Or maybe my charm is finally working it's magic. Ha ha.


I went to a new quilt shop the other day. It was a good 45 minutes away and I had a gift certificate that I didn't want to expire. You may remember that I had a block that The Girl practiced a few stitches on, which I mentioned a few posts back. Well, I still really love the pattern, and still want to make it. So I decided I was going to try and do it in a more traditional color scheme, like turkey red and white. But...I wasn't seeing anything in that shade that I liked, so I bought some fabric that was more, um, I guess I would call it Civil War pink? I just know I don't want to call it mauve. I am so excited about it, I couldn't even photograph it for real because then I would want to start work on it right away, and I still have two other projects that need to be done, The Boy's quilt top, and The Girls quilt binding. So this is just a little peek into the bag:

The pink one at the bottom is a paisley, and it is my favorite. I was prepared to do the entire quilt in that fabric when I found it, but alas, the store only had one yard.


This is a shot of the shadow of our Christmas tree, after The Husband showed his mountain-man colors. He chopped it down and dragged it to our car just like Pa Ingall's. Only he used a wagon. And Pa didn't have the farm owner tie it to the top.



This is an artistic interpretation of the tree, post-decoration done by (who else) The Husband.

3 comments:

  1. Love those rosy colored fabrics! And your tree casts a mighty big shadow! Happy blogging anniversary to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joining a blog ring is a great way to add traffic to your site. The comments slow down again eventually though. I used to worry about that a bit, trying to figure out what it takes to make more interesting posts, but eventually I decided I was blogging mostly for myself. The fact that others are waiting for me to post just keeps me motivated to keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pink fabrics are wonderful. I love paisleys too -- always try to include some of one in a quilt. Happy blog anniversary.

    ReplyDelete