Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Meme

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate
Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? He wraps them. With our paper and tags, no less.
Colored lights on tree or white? Colored!
When do you put your decorations up? Usually when we put the tree up. We traditionally go and cut down a live tree with The Husband's sister & family so schedules sometimes dictate that we do that slightly before December 1st.
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? This is weird but probably sauerkraut and kielbasa. Also, there is nothing quite like the perfect storm of a bite on your fork that includes turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My sister and I guessed. We mutually agreed that it probably couldn't possibly be true and then we conspired to hide from our parents that we had anything other than jovial thoughts of Santa. I do however believe that the spirit of Santa is alive in many things we do for this beautiful time of year, and that constitutes belief in Santa. So on the one hand I don't believe he zooms around the world in a sleigh led by a red-nosed reindeer...but on the other hand I do believe that his spirit of giving permeates the season.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I did as a kid. Now I watch my own kids do it.
How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With an extensive collection of ornaments collected by both me and The Husband. Actually most of the "old" (i.e., pre-wedding ornaments) are The Husband's.
Can you ice skate? If you have to ask then you haven't met me.
Do you remember your favorite gift? There have been so many. As an adult...probably the year The Husband had The Boy's first day home from the hospital outfit framed in a shadow box. Or possibly when he gave me ornaments that he had made from a sliver of the trunks of Christmas trees that we had in important years - our first tree, The Boy's first tree, and The Girl's first tree. As a kid - it's probably a toss-up between the pink whicker sewing basket (which I sadly no longer have) and the Radio Flyer red tricycle.
What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family, and watching the wonder of special moments for the kids.
What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? If I had a favorite others might get jealous and refuse to let me eat them, so they are all pretty much equally loved.
What is your favorite tradition? It's tough to say. So much has changed in our family dynamics over the past few years that sadly it will never be the same for me and so traditions don't really feel like they've held.
Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? Probably giving. There is a lot of stress associated with appropriately receiving. He.
What is your favorite Christmas Song? Jingle bells
Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum!
Ever regifted a Christmas present? What? Oh sorry, I had some candy cane in my mouth there. Didn't hear the question.

1 comment:

  1. How great! Loved hearing and learning more about you. Hope you don't mind if I borrow it for my blog!

    ReplyDelete